Thursday, November 5, 2009

Pre- Raphaelite= Waterhouse copy.

Sometimes when I need to just paint something that makes me happy....I will paint quick copies of some of my favorite portraits. This is actually a really poor copy ( I know I am only supposed to sound positive for posterity...but its true) but I liked the way it turned out anyway. This is from 'The Lady of Shalott' 1888 by John W. Waterhouse. I just have always loved the Pre-Raphaelites and their lovely models full of angst and drama! They are sort of glazed over in Art History classes that I have taken, but there is a class that is offered occasionally at Spring Hill College by Dr. Patricia Neal that is about this movement, last year I signed up, but the class didn't make and so I am just hoping to see it again and when it does I will start canvasing for people to take it with me! Lydia