Thursday, September 24, 2009

Coffee and cake. Lydia Host daily painting a day8x10

I have to get the most out of a baked good around here. I don't know if you've noticed, but I have a new paint color in my box...its windsor deep yellow (by Windsor Newton) it is almost an orange, but I've been having fun using it to give a warm glow to my highlights. I think it would also be the key to painting realistic brass. I have a very supportive family and the most recent example of this is my Mother bragging about me to a reporter in my home town of Hemet Ca. which resulted in an article in the local newspaper. Here is the link: (its short and sadly contains no pictures...but hey I thought my marketing director would want me to share!). Press Enterprise article Lydia

1 comment:

Jan W said...

I really like the colors. subject matter (yummy), and the repeat of the flowers and the design on the cup pull it together well.