Wednesday, January 13, 2010

paperwhite. Lydia Host daily painting a day 8x10

I painted today with Joan E. Whitespunner, and Stephanie Morris, two really excellent painters who mainly paint portraits. We had fun with this beautiful still life. As for my inquiry about complimentary colored palettes, both do of course know about the theory but don't strategise in that way. Stephanie does something that is intriguing to me, she mixes all of her colors before she begins to paint...and let me tell you her colors were the best! I thought that might be fun to try sometime.
I will try to post their paintings when they are finished.
Lydia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I was looking through the photos of the still life setting and painting day you had in your studio, you made me wish I was there....I love behind the scenes to creativity!