Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lou Blue. Lydia Host daily painting

Yesterday I painted a flower in a jar and had to wipe it down and start over three times. I painted this one on a skinny board that has the hanger already embedded in the back, I really like the skinny format for the flower in a jar paintings, maybe because it forces me to fill up the space. I wrote a big paper last week on Camille Claudel, who was a female sculptor that worked with Rodin, and was quite fantastic. She was a pioneer for women in the arts just by pursuing her craft at a time when women were not even allowed to attend art school. I read one of her biographies titled ' A Life' by Odile Ayral-Clause, it is a very moving story and an interesting read, if you are looking for some summer reading! Google her name under images and check out her beautiful work. Lydia
Posted by Picasa

No comments: