Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday Monday. I went to figure drawing downtown on Saturday morning, and it was wonderful, model, and other artist wise. I took only drawing and a little bit of watercolor materials. It was a relaxing, and yet invigorating way to start the day. We are taking longer poses in this group, which is nice, especially if I get a good angle and can stop, and not over work....always a challenge. Last week my four year old was in a mini Mardi Gras Parade in his preSchool, and then this weekend he was in another that a neighborhood puts on every year. My husband and I made the Wednesday float, which was to be on a wagon, and our theme was 'Hickory Dickory Dock'. For the Sunday parade our theme was 'Sponge Bob' and our assignment was to paint something on an 8x8 board for the back of the float. I am putting a picture of each below, because believe me it took some 'art muscle'! I feel inordinately proud of the Sponge Bob thingy because, it is so not my style- and we painted it in about four hours. We are not really Mardi Gras people usually and so this has really been an unusual week for us, and frankly we are exhausted! Onward and upward! cheeers, Lydia
Posted by Picasa

No comments: