Monday, February 22, 2010

study. Lydia Host daily painting

I painted the lovely 'Louis' with some other Artists this morning. It was fun to arrange her and create the scenario. I painted like mad to get something, and then had to partially wipe down, because of silly mistakes. I think I will slow down a bit next time and see if that helps. I can't wait to do it again. I have had some trouble lately keeping my daily paintings going, I am painting every day, its just that I have been trying to finish a couple of big paintings, and my school schedule is pretty demanding, time, time, time is fleeting. I am reading 'The Agony and the Ecstasy' by Irving Stone, about Michelangelo, and it has made me realise that to be creative, a person has to have lots of time to practice their craft. Michelangelo worked sixteen hours a day for four years on the Sistine chapel ceiling. Best,
Posted by Picasa

No comments: