Monday, July 26, 2010

echo. Lydia Host daily

Saturday was figure drawing, and we had a new (for me) model who was very fun to draw because she has a ballet dancer type of body. I painted with acrylic and watercolor on a small square canvas...and thought I'd use it as an underpainting for oil, but instead I decided to work on a clay version. Its hard to give delicate limbs in waterbased clay, because they really have to support the other, heavier parts of the figure, and if they are too slim..they will dry much quicker than the rest of the piece and crack off ! So I always have rather heavy ankles and wrists on my figures...which has become a stylistic element that I actually like. A couple of artist pals and I are planning to get together and have a sculpture figure group, with a model. This is something that I have wanted to do for a really long time, so I am excited.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gelinlik said...

Very nice thank you.

judith said...

Very nice work. Keep sharing such pictures. prints on canvas