Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cynthia. Lydia Host

Another watercolor for the Watercolor and Graphic Art Society Fall member show! This is my entry, I met this model Cynthia, at Five Rivers, where she is a ranger; if you want to rent a kayak and would like a guided tour of the bayou, she could do it. She had such a wonderful energy that I immediately wanted to paint her, and try an convey that strength and beauty.
I am happy with my result, but hey, it was all there for me!
If you live in the Mobile area, please come see the W.G.A.S. show. Opening is Thursday Sept. 3rd from 6-8pm at the Grelot Library. While dropping off my painting, I saw some awesome work.
Thanks,
L.

3 comments:

Jan W said...

Striking!

Joanne Brandt said...

Hey Lydia! I thought I recognized your model for this painting - brought back memories of painting plein air at 5 Rivers! Beautiful portrait.

Jami Buck said...

This is wonderful, indeed! It also reminds me that it's getting cooler and almost time for some boat renting for a day on the water!