Thursday, August 6, 2009

Orange crush. Lydia Host daily painting a day 8x6

sold
Okay, enough with the Zinnias already! But this is my last bunch...they are on the wane. Went with the board today, I really like that it looks almost like chalk or something. As I struggle and strive to paint pictures that express things in the way that I'd like to, I try and remember that a professor from college who I admire greatly, and who is a fantastic artist, once said " I am just trying to paint one good painting..." several of us stood there with our mouths open in shock, stunned to find that our idol didn't think that he was there yet. It was a defining moment for me, and I try to remember it when I feel like a schmuck with a brush. L.

1 comment:

Jami Buck said...

I like the different zinnia compositions. I also like that professor. Makes me feel better being reminded that it's a struggle for everyone.